Well actually, every single bit that Sir Rey discussed is very significant to me because it helps to my overall skills. I’m not the person to trust when it comes to editing and designing thru Adobe Photoshop, but with the supplementary skills and techniques that I acquire this sem, I think I have something to be proud of na.
The most important ones for me are the following:
1. The 10 Free Ways to Improve Design Skills
— For me, this makes me realize that my daily routine are the possible ways to improve myself. Its a sign that I;ve started doing it, so why not continue its practice and achieve what I want.
— Never heard of this word, “kay sir lang“. I never thought that there really is a certain word that pertains to the things that you know, but you don’t know perfectly, like it is really happening. For me this is important because I makes me realize that I sometimes take things for granted, that i let things pass by without really understanding it.
3. Cognitive Understanding
— When I’ve heard of the word “cognitive”, I can’t help myself but to think of the nursing stuffs that I’ve had before. Well basicallyI think this so important for you to really understand and master your craft. Cognitive understanding is your thorough understanding to what you do, and with this, nobody can question you for what you are doing because you know exactly what you are doing, from the innermost to the outermost of it.
4. Shortcut Keys
— Additional knowledge to use hehe. As I’ve said I’m not so good in editing, so learning additional ways to make my work easier is really an advantage. But later on, I’ve come to realize that I should learn to do it manually the normal way to be an efficient editor, –sounds like cognitive understanding!!
5. Difference of each file extension
— As a practitioner of this field, it is really important that you know your file extensions, its diferences and the advantages that it has when you use it. There are file extension that will keep your material genuine, and some will make it a mess. Knowing these stuffs will be an advantage when you enter the corporate world.
It is really fun knowing things from the master. You just have to explore and expand your knowledge to have an edge in the market; make yourself distinct and unique and be SOMEBODY in your chosen field.
There are 10 pretty little things that you can do to improve your design skills. What’s good is that you can have without paying or anything synonymous, just yourself.
1. Prepare realistic schedule. Do manage your schedule and make something feasible. Make sure to consider other projects that you have accepted to make sure that both or all projects will have proper attention and good output. Managing your time will also be the basis on making a reputable name.
2. Design with your computer turned-off. Learn to do pre-designs without the aid of your computer or else, you may end up wasting your time just browsing the internet. This is kind of an traditional approach in designing but it a very effective way to be more productive at the sane time, procuding better projects.
3. Analyze and critic. Have you experience overloading pockets because of leaflets distributed in public places? Well, dont waste the opportunity to improve by criticizing them and think of ways of how you can improve it.
4. Loiter in bookstores. Bookstores offers the best educational and informative materials, try to scan their books and maybe take photos of it to be more updated and for future purposes as well. You never know, maybe time will come that you can use and develop that same idea and make a huge impact in the world.
5. Redo old projects. Learning is infinite, you can always learn in every single day and in every single thing that you do. If you have old jobs that are, lets just say, not so appealing to the eyes, redo it when you think you’ve learned enough to improve it. Revisions in your old projects could also mean that you are trying to develop your skills and that may become your asset in finding job.
6. Seek new challenges. Do not stay in your comfort zone. There are a lot of challenges in this world that will definitely help you enhance your skills. The design industry is so broad, you have to be experimental because your current craft might be obsolete in 5 years, you have to explore to progress.
7. Solicit freelance and charity works. You can do free and charity works which can help to maintain and enhance your skills. This is a win/win act where the both of you can gain from the project.
8. Keep update to the latest news. This is like being “mr. know it all”. The latest trends has almost everything that can help you to do a better job or better yet cultivate yourself. These latest updates will also keep you from discovering more of you and what you can offer others in the near future.
9. Attend demos and seminars. Demos and seminars are good opportunity to learn from the experts, those to whom you can relate yourself and experienced enough to speak about the craft you are into.
10. Investigate new media technology. The new media, as part of the technological effect of the internet, is constantly changing. You have to be updated so you can follow the new trend and maybe you can develop a skill in this business where you can gain more experience and PROFIT.
no part of this creation will be reproduced without any written permission from the author unless brief quotation in selections related.